Wednesday 4 December 2013

Console Wars

Both the Playstation 4 and Xbox One have just been released, and so I thought this would be an ideal time to look back over the history of Console Wars and see which consoles sold the most, and which games on each console were the biggest hits.

I hope you enjoy exploring the viz below, please click around to see what you can discover. As the PS4 and Xbox One continue to sell I will try and keep this updated and see how they perform relative to their ancestors. Interestingly the last battle between the PS3 and the Xbox 360 came out as a tie, with each selling 80 million units worldwide.


(PS when i can get my hands on one of the new consoles, my viz making my slow down a bit.....)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi PeterG - This is awesome thanks for posting! Could you kindly let me know where you got the sales data from? many thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.